Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gray Fox/Red Tape

This gray fox was captured on a trail camera located in a state park.  I have had two cameras set up for about six months, donating images for use by the park.  Imagine my shock when I walked into the office and was told, "I just found out we should have had you get a photography permit which costs $50 . . . we will wave the fee since you are donating images." Without a good working relationship with the park manager my chances of getting this shot would have been very slim.

Apparently there is a permit system in the state park system for photography and filming. The permit is on a per park basis and may require general liability insurance.  Approval is determined by the resident park manager. I would suggest getting to know the park manager if you will be photographing in a state park on a regular basis, better yet offer to donate images.

Technical: cropped to remove borders, 1/30 sec. ISO 800, Infrared exposure

No comments:

Post a Comment