Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stretching Out

Every now and then I do something out of my ordinary in photography.  A year ago it was scanning images for a trapping supply catalog. Last week I was asked if I had an image of a nearby bridge.  I didn't but how hard can it be to drive to the bridge and take a couple pictures?  I did the research checking the time of day for the best light. What does a bridge do? It spans a river.  In editing I discovered I did not have both ends of the bridge on most images, 17 images deleted. A bright sky and shadows called for HDR, shoot at least 3 images for per HDR composition, try several compositions. Getting the bridge level in the frame was surprisingly difficult since standing in the middle of the river was not an option.  A simple image request became a technical and artistic challenge. After all how hard can it be to photograph a bridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment