Friday, February 14, 2014

GoPro for Wildlife

I'm testing my daughter's GoPro  for wildlife.  Despite its small size these feeder birds and squirrel definitely were aware of its presence. If I were serious I would put the housing in the area to allow the animals to get adjusted to it and then put the camera in. I don't know the minimum focusing distance and these shots may have been inside that limit. I think the wildlife focus is a little soft. On the other hand maybe the lens was a little cloudy from humidity in the case in the -10 degree weather.  More testing will be done in warmer weather.

Technical: camera controlled with iPhone app. Edited with iMovie

2 comments:

  1. I love the squirrel checking out the camera. I should've taken a video of how hesitant Whitney was with the camera in her water bowl.

    ReplyDelete