Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Fearless




For some reason fear and snakes go together, at least for me. Garter snakes typically slither away as fast as possible when surprised by a six foot giant walking past them. I have had a couple experiences during mating season when the snakes are curious and actually advance toward the camera lens. I don't know if this is because of a reflection in the lens or the lens looks like an opening to explore. It was much more relaxing recording this behind a tripod than using a 100 mm macro while laying on the ground trying to get a still shot.

1 comment:

  1. growing up in Arizona, we have the rattle snake and once while rabbit hunting I kicked one that was not coiled up. Scared the B----- out of me but made me look down more carefully after that. Always fascinating the snakes up here especially the bright green ones. Amazing creatures.
    thanks Dale

    ReplyDelete